Saturday, November 23, 2013

Air Asia Cabin Crew Manila Recruitment Part 1 (Nov. 23, 2013)



Air Asia (AK) and Air Asia X (D7) conducted another cabin crew recruitment campaign here in Manila! It's an Open Day event, but still submitted my online application at their career website - http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/about-us/flight-attendant.page and got an invite about a week:





Day 1:

5:00AM - Since I live a few hours away from Makati, I decided to wake up this early. Standing infront of the mirror, I'm having a cold feet and I'm not sure if I would like to queue the earliest time possible. Come on, what have you got to lose? ~ just told myself! 

#Ootd (FYI: Outfit of the day) - Smart Casual/ Business Casual. I wore a dark blue wrap around dress with 3/4 sleeves matched with a vintage necklace. Knee-length ofcourse. Dark blue pumps with nude stockings. 

5:20AM to 5:50AM - I have a thick hair and it would be very beneficial on my part if I dry the strands continuously without a stopper. Puffy and unruly won't do. Air Asia likes those who wear their hair down with a flair. Either curly, wavy or polished look with a twist. 

5:50AM to 6:20AM - It took me awhile to do my make-up. I was watching a movie on Cinemax Channel while putting something on my face. Pay attention to your eyes ladies. Put sparkle on those with a waterproof liner and put some mascara. It will make you years younger. 

at around 7:20AM - Arrived at Dusit Hotel Lobby with an empty stomach. Am so ready for the weigh-in part! LOL. 

The event was held at the mezzanine floor. A hotel staff ushered us inside the hall. Application forms were stacked on the side table which we are asked to fill out. There is also a reminder posted on the wall. Application Pre-requisite:

*Original & copies of certificates of Higher Education or its equivalent 
*Latest CV (Resume)
*Original and copies of ID & Passport 
*Original and copies of National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and police clearance letters 
*1 copy of latest passport size photograph (head & shoulder) 
*1 copy of latest full body photograph (postcard size) 

After completing the form, I too lined up with the rest waiting for the clock to strike at 9. Air Asia Department Heads came thru and specifically instructed us to line in pairs. 

First Stage ~ Height and Weight Check:

I placed my personal belongings on the side table. Removed my shoes and handed my application form to the screener. He just said stand straight and placed a piece of bond paper on top of my head. Then off to next part. No scales are found within the vicinity! Big smiles! 

Second Stage ~ Document Verification:

Again we were asked to queue while sitting inside the room until we reach the verifying panel infront. I handed my original documents together with the duplicate. She stamped "Original has been seen" on each of the copy and gave me a number "067" and instructed to place it on my upper left. Then as we await our turn for the Initial Interview, a short presentation is being showed on the screen about Air Asia's humble beginnings. 

Third Stage ~ Catwalk and Initial Interview:

Five (5) tables inside the connecting room which consists of two (2) interviewers on each. On this part you need to walk nicely towards them. As I approach the recruiter, he immediately asked "Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?" and "Since you're married, will there be a problem being away from your husband?". After giving some answers, he let me read a short Inflight Annoucement. Right then and there he told me that I must come back tomorrow for the 2nd day of recruitment, but must wait outside the hallway to get more instructions once my number is called. 

This is the elimination round. Once your number is called you either get a half-sheet or an A4 size paper. Aim is to get the A4 which is the Application Form, more like a Bio-Data. Those who got the A4 size was ushered inside another room where we completed the form to be submitted to the recruiter in front. They advised us to be more presentable tomorrow, it's all or nothing, as they put it. 


10:45AM - As I walk outside I passed thru a long queue. There were estimated 800+ applicants during this recruitment event as per Pinoy Exchange Forum: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597176&page=143